[i810 PROBLEM] How may I get back 1024x768 screen resolution

Vikram Goyal vikigoyal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 07:08:38 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 06:08:53PM +0000, S.W. Bobcat wrote:

> This *should* be easy to fix as I've done it a nimber of times. Right now
> I'm in FC4 but have installed FC5 (too buggy for my taste) the the solution
> is as follows:
>
> Go to: System Settings (or equivalent if changed in FC5) --> Display  Enter
> your root passwaord.
>
> You should get a 3-tab folder with Settings, Hardware, and Dual head
>
> Under Settings you will find the Resolutions and Number of Colors *BUT*
> before you set these perameters you need to go to the *HARDWARE* tab and
> set 1) your Monitor type 2) your video card type, once you select these
>  two thing go back to settings and then select the resoltion you want and
> the number of colors.
>
> Bob

Hello Bob,

What you described does not solves the problem.

I already have xorg configured for my hardware. The only problem is I
think with the i810 driver since on the same hardware I have used
1024x768 screen before.  But now when I use that setting then the screen
gets virtual i.e bigger then the actual monitor screen and that is the
sctual problem.

There have been bug reporting for i810 but not specific to mine, thet's
why I pasted the whole of my xorg.conf in hope maybe someone has such
kind of hardware and maybe faced and solved his problem.

Anyways thanks for trying.

Regards!
--
vikram...