Built kernel-2.6.16.20 for ntfs driver; now SELinux won't let me in

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Jun 16 22:12:53 UTC 2006

Matthew Munro wrote:

> Here's one.  So I've built and installed this new kernel, and then
> rebooted into it, and then I get this.
>
> Jun 13 12:08:24 north kernel: audit(1150196904.915:6): avc:  denied  {
> entrypoint } for  pid=1873 comm="login" name="bash" dev=hda7 ino=49158
> scontext=root:sysadm_r:hotplug_t:s0-s0:c0.c255
> tcontext=system_u:object_r:file_t:s0 tclass=file
>
> And that's probably as much help as I can be on this matter, since I
> have now re-installed FC5 from scratch.  Thanks for your attention.

To avoid having to re-install from scratch, just make sure you add
the new kernel while keeping the current kernel as a boot option.
You can have several kernels installed at once, and pick the one to
run at boot time. This is recommended practice whether you build
your own kernel, or install a new kernel from an RPM. That way, if
you have problems with the new kernel, you can always boot from the
known working one.

Mikkel