FC4 or FC5

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 02:21:20 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 14:07, Sean wrote:

> > That's an interesting response to being asked to do your
> > own research...  The facts are out there for anyone
> > interested.
>
> So many of your incorrect assumptions and misunderstandings
> have been revealed in this thread it's quite apparent why you
> think it would be best if other people did their own research.
> Getting their facts from you would be a real mistake.  I've
> done my own research and am quite happy with things just as they
> are.

Here are some links to help if you ever really want to do
that research.  I couldn't find the actual page I wanted
with the imaginative interpretation of a derived work in
the RIPEM instance, but there is a summary on this page
following some other interesting stuff:
http://lwn.net/Articles/62446/

Also, the need for this huge FAQ might give a hint about the complexity
of the issues:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

A good comparison of the GPL and BSD licenses:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/bsdl-gpl/article.html

And some complications of derivative works covered by the GPL:
http://www.law.washington.edu/lct/swp/Law/derivative.html

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com