missing libnotify & libgnutls dependencies (URGENT)

Jamie Bohr jamiebohr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 03:39:05 UTC 2006

After trying to play with Evolution 2.7 I decided I needed to go back to
Evol 2.6 so I did a "yum remove evolution*" to remove it.  It worked.  I
diabled the development yum depot and did a "yum install evoltution" only to
find sinilar issues I had getting Evolution 2.7 installed - libnotify
issues.  I;ve searched this list and found someone else has similar if not
the same issue.

I poked around on my system and found libnotify.so and libnotify.so.1 from
package libnotify.  The error below indicates I need libnotify.so.0 - ARG.
There seems to be a miss match however I don't know where.  I need this
working before I go to work otherwise I will be stuck using Exchanges
webmail interface, it not bad just not all that good.

What can I do about the error below?

# yum install evolution
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libnotify.so.0 is needed by package evolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.12 is needed by package evolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.12 is needed by package
evolution-data-server
#

Thank you in advance,

--