Camera shake undo?

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Tue Jun 20 18:39:14 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 13:33, Tim wrote:
> I also wish I could find a portable tripod like my Dad's old one.  It
> had multiple telescoping legs that changed length from being just a foot
> long to about chest height.  It was the only tripod I'd seen that you
> really could lug around with you on the off-chance that you might want
> to use one.
>
> --

I know the sort you mean - my Dad had one too. Trouble is, those are not
particularly strong or stable so far as I can remember. Depends on what you
need to support on it and what quality you are aiming for. Might get away
with a light weight camera. I've got a Manfrotto 190PROB which holds up my
Bronica 6x6 OK, but it's relatively heavy.

BTW if you're into walking at all I think you can also get trekking poles that
double up as camera monopods.

--
Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763