Gnome desktop and others

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 03:10:56 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

FC5_64

Gnome desktop disappears on the login screen, not found in the session
list.

This was found after running "yum update" and corrected the corrupted
"grub" with;

# grub
grub > root (hd0,0)
setup (hd0)

Remark:
I seldomly run Gnome desktop and found this problem above 5 minutes
ago.

Please advise how to get Gnome desktop back.  TIA

Besides there is a problme of automatic typing "ssssssssssssssss
......." on "kedit".  I did not start it.  Neither can I stop it.  I
was compelled to close all applications and reboot the PC.  This
problem also happens on Firefox, on editing webmail.

B.R.
SL