FC4 or FC5

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jun 21 07:21:36 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 23:02 -0700, jdow wrote:
> From: "Ric Moore" <wayward4now at gmail.com>

> I've pretty much already paid my dues. Had I as much resource now
> as I reasonably should have had without pension plan manipulations
> and my ex's predations I'd have the money to sit back, retire, and
> produce stuff for free just for the fun of it. I'm unfortunately
> sitting at about 1/3 of what was "promised" and had 1/2 of what
> might have been there "donated" to my ex by the court. At the time
> I was the one working with a nominally nice paying job. So I got
> screwed by the People's Republic of Kaliforicate.
----
This was as self pitying as it gets.
- you chose to marry him
- you choose to live in California
- you knew that California was a community property state
- Americans are getting screwed out of pensions all across the country -
too few people are going to jail for that too.
----
> My problem is that GPL's definition of derivative neither makes sense
> nor is one I can deal with. So if I do anything it is likely to be
> off FreeBSD.
----
While you want to hang the laundry for us to somehow justify why you
won't donate code to GPL really isn't the point...don't donate code to
GPL projects if you don't believe in the GPL license...no other
justification is necessary.

Craig