Cups error won't go away (eggcups issue?)

Patrick fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 21 11:15:20 UTC 2006

Hi all,

My laptop with updated FC5 only uses a printer shared by a local FC4
box. I don't configure a printer on the FC5 laptop. Just start it and
the printer magically shows up as available. Now I just
checked /var/log/cups/error_log and see this message every 5 seconds:

localhost - - [21/Jun/2006:12:59:22 +0200] "POST /printers/printer
HTTP/1.1" 200 142 Get-Job-Attributes client-error-not-found

I did some fiddling around and found out that the error seems to be
caused by eggcups that does not update once the document is printed.
After the document is printed to the shared printer on the FC4 box, the
"Document Print Status" window shows Status "Unknown". Imho this is
wrong as it should say "Completed" and eggcups should stop messing
around with stuff that is completed. The only way I can stop this error
from getting logged over and over again is by killing eggcups.

Anyone know how I can fix this error?

Thanks and regards,
Patrick