ever have trouble with headphone recognition?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Tue Jun 20 19:20:54 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 10:38 -0500, Paul Johnson wrote:
> This is a laptop computer.  I thought that was obvious when I said it
> is a laptop.  The built in speakers are not "plugged in" to the back.
> Did I mention this is a laptop?

Sorry, I missed that ;-(( .  I was thinking desktop and overlooked the
system you said you had.

The rest of my suggestion still applies. Have you tried some of the many
controls in alsa that are not enabled by default on most systems?  The
"external amplifier" switch may be even more critical in your case.