Wget question...

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Jun 23 02:29:56 UTC 2006

On 22Jun2006 09:32, bruce <bedouglas at earthlink.net> wrote:
| this question is for the wget guru!

Then I am not your person:-(

| i'm testing wget on a test site.. i'm using the recursive function of wget
| to crawl through a portion of the site...
| it appears that wget is hitting a link within the crawl that's causing it to
| begin to crawl through the section of the site again...

Ouch. You are using its mirror mode?

I have tried, and failed, to use wget to mirror download areas that are
present only via HTTP. It would routinely fail to do what I had imagined
I had asked of it and suck in adjacent content outside the tree I had
asked for, etc.

Is it possible to get at the target via ssh, and use rsync instead of
wget? It's much easier and more reliable, if it's possible.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Thimmonier had eighty [sewing] machines in operation, turning out military
uniforms--until an angry mob, composed of professional tailors who viewed the
machine as a threat to their livelihood, stormed Thimmonier's factory,
destroying all the machines and nearly killing their inventor.  Thimmonier
fled to the town of Amplepuis, where he died in poverty. - Charles Panati