Firefox failure to render a page

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 23 17:09:41 UTC 2006

A large store chain has a website that all of their suppliers have to log into
every time they send in an invoice.  I know -- seems weird to me too but I
guess when you're big you get to set the rules.

Anyway, this website is a secure (https:) site that, when you log into it using
IE on Windows, immediately asks you for your username and password.

But I will be damned if I can get it to work at all under Linux.

Instead of the username/password prompt that comes up under IE, I get this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="882T.xsl"?>
<Interchange  Region="Atlantic">
	<Msg_882_GROUP_1>
		<G47>
			<G47_01_373></G47_01_373>
			<G47_01_613></G47_01_613>
		</G47>

... this series of numbers continues on for several screen lengths, then ends
with

 </Msg_882_GROUP_1> </Interchange>

And that's it.  Game over.

I have tried this with Firefox and Opera, and even got desperate and installed
IE under Wine using the script here: http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html

Every time I get the same thing.

Any idea what's going on here, and how I can get Firefox or something to render
this page?  It is obviously doing something that IE recognizes but Firefox
doesn't understand.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net