several discrepancies with new -2139 kernel.

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 15:15:00 UTC 2006

On 6/27/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> Ok, got the update.  Since this doesn't have a floppy, I assume I burn
> it to a cd-r & reboot to winblows.  Then what?  Or is it

Sure, a CD-R should work just fine.  The file is an executable, right?
(.exe extension)  Once in Windows you just run it (double click the
file icon).  Follow any prompts it might give.

> self-explanatory once I'm in winblows?  And I don't think I've ever
> setup a mail suck in XP so thats probably not an adequate solution.  I

Do you have a webmail account of some type?  I can send you a Gmail
invite if you want :).

> am not by choice a winderz user, going straight from amigados-3.9 to
> linux almost a decade ago.  I've also not seen the utility in a usb key
> fob either, till now.  Can a suitable unit be suggested that might be
> available at wally world?

They are quite handy for moving files around, backup of important
things, etc.  You should be able to find a 1 GB stick for about $30
now (on-sale, after all rebates and stuff).  My PNY Attache works
great, but generally you shouldn't have a problem with any USB drive.
Be wary of the ones that have security stuff in them; usually such
features use Windows-only software.  Wal-Mart might not have the best
price, you might do better with some place like CompUSA, BestBuy, etc.

Jonathan