xcalc missing?

David A. De Graaf dad at datix.us
Tue Jun 27 21:57:41 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 04:37:51PM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Joe Klemmer wrote:

> >>Try    /usr/bin/gcalctool
> >>

> >	I want xcalc, not gcalctool.  I prefer xcalc.
> >

>                I understand your point, like many things I want to be
>                in control of my own equipment!  I guess that's why
>                we're not running Windows XP or some such?   However in
>                this case there is little if any difference and the
>                display is an improvement, at least with my XFCE.   I am
>                still learning the application name ...
>
>                Bob Goowin

Unless my memory is totally defunct, the major feature of xcalc is
the availability of RPN (reverse Polish notation) mode.  I refuse to
use calculators that aren't RPN, being habituated to the superlative
HP series.

Calculators without RPN aren't worth squat, IMHO.

A cursory check of gcalctool and its man page suggests it isn't worth
squat.

This is NOT progress.

--
	David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
	dad at datix.us         www.datix.us