CD Burner permissions

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Jun 27 22:49:04 UTC 2006

Frank Cox wrote:
> How can I make /dev/hdc always have a 666 permission instead of the default 600?
>
> I can change it, but after the next reboot it is back to 600 again.

Take a look at /etc/security/console.perms.d/50-default.perms. When
no-one is logged in locally, it should be set to 660 owned by
root.disk, but the first person that logs in locally gets ownership,
and perms are changed to 600. When they log out, the perms are set
back to 660 root.disk.

root.disk is owner root, group disk in the console perms shorthand.

Mikkel