Spam Filter

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 28 01:18:24 UTC 2006

From: "Todd Zullinger" <tmz at pobox.com>
> jdow wrote:
>> After I sent the message I did some looking around at various
>> emails. I've not dug deep enough to see if this is an issue specific
>> to a small set of email programs or not. However, I am inclined to
>> doubt it is a user level misconfiguration.
>
> You'll have to ask the list owner to be sure.  I'll add a reply-to
> header to this message and we'll see if it shows up in the reply-to
> header of the list along with the list address (it should, I had this
> setup in my mail client before and removed it when I noticed it was
> being duplicated).

That seems to be the ticket. Usually a Reply-To: address would be
used when you want a reply sent to a different address than the
"To:" line. For some people that's a handy tool. For this list it
seems to get in the way.

> It's not a misconfiguration necessarily.  It's just a configuration
> with some undesirable consequences. :)

I was thinking in terms of a misconfiguration at Aaron's site. It
MAY be that his MUA is too smart for it's own good. I use <choke
puke>Outlook Express</choke> typically. It doesn't toss on the
does not reduce a dual "Reply-To:" down to one. Regardless something
screwy's going on.

{^_^}