network problems with kernel-2.6.17-1.2139_FC5

Roy Erickson erickson at pixelmagicfx.com
Wed Jun 28 23:09:02 UTC 2006

Try http://kerneltrap.org/node/6723

From: John Heffner [email blocked]
Subject: Re: 2.6.17: networking bug??
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:39:42 -0400

Mark Lord wrote:
 > John / David: Any ideas on what's gone awry here?

Yes, you have some sort of a broken middlebox in your path (firewall,
transparent proxy, or similar) that doesn't correctly handle window
scaling. Check out this thread:
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=114478312100641&w=2>.

The best thing you can do is try to find this broken box and inform its
owner that it needs to be fixed. (If you can find out what it is, I'd
be interested to know.) In the meantime, disabling window scaling will
work around the problem for you.

-John