GNOME won't boot

dragontale no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Fri Jun 30 04:31:36 UTC 2006

Hey Jim,

The above didn't work. I tried creating a new user, renaming .gnome and .gnome2, and cleaning up .metacity/sessions but still no luck. Oh yea and the same thing happened when I logged in as the new user, I get the same error message.

I'm trying to run setenforce 0 like you said above but it said it's disabled. I googled and found some information on enabling SELinux. It said I have to use system-config-securitylevel. But then once I typed system-config-securitylevel in the terminal I get the following error:

system-config-securitylevel: error while loading shared libraries libglade-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

^ I get the above error. Funny thing is when I uninstalled Glade Interface Designer, I might've deleted the exact same file as you see above called "libglade-2.0.so.0"

Can that be the cause?

I don't know if this is important but I'm just going to post it up just in case. Here is a description of how I uninstall Glade Interface Designer.

1. su
2. login to root
3. rpm -qa | grep -i glade

and then it brought down a list:

libglade2-devel-2.5.1.2
pygtk2-libglade-2.6.0-2
etc
etc

There was about 3 or 4 more files to the list but I can't remember their names, but as I said above I think I deleted libglade-2.0.so.0 because it is not installed in my system. I currently have the above 2 files that I listed. I don't know if this information would do anything but yea, might give you some clues too.

I'm really bumbed out, don't know what to do. I just started using linux. I think it's my 4th week.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=96853&topic_id=23242&forum=23#forumpost96853