GNOME won't boot

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Fri Jun 30 19:42:03 UTC 2006

On Friday 30 June 2006 20:35, dragontale wrote:
> I just woke up from bed and I'm ready.
>
> > To Gordon Messmer,
>
> I typed in ldd /usr/libexec/gconfd-2 as you said above and it brought down
> a list:
>
> linux-gate.so.1
> libgconf-2.so.4
> libobject-2.0.so.0
> libORBit-2.so.0
> libm.so.6
> libgmodule-2.0.s0.0
> libdl.so.2
> libgthread-2.0.so.0
> libglib-2.0.so.0
> libpthread.so.0
> libc.so.6
> libpopt.so.0
> /lib/ld-linux.so.2
>
> ^ I got the above list. I'm not sure if it's missing a library or not. I
> also tried running gconfd-2, but I don't know how. Here is what I tried to
> do to run gconfd-2. I got into the directory /usrlibexec and typed in
> gconfd-2 but it said command not found. Maybe it can run it's just that I
> don't know the syntax command for it.

I'm looking in FC2's files at the mo, as I havn't got anything later booted up
at the moment. gconfd-1 is in /usr/bin . FC is a bit funny about having to
set full pathways. I'd try /usr/bin/gconfd-2.

Although, I think you are going to have to try to reinstall the libglade
library that you've done a Homer on.

Nigel.