Open Source Paging Software

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Fri Jun 2 01:52:46 UTC 2006

Paul Lemmons wrote:
> Look at "qpage" http://www.qpage.org/
>
> We have used it under BSD, Fedora and AIX. It has been bulletproof.
>
> On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 16:15 -0700, Al Sparks wrote:
>> Does anyone have some sort of paging service?  Is there open source SW
>> out there?
>>
>> We mostly have Dell's 1850 and 2850 slabs.  How easy would it be to get
>> a modem card that would work with that?
>>      === Al

Starting before 2000 I used qpage, and the scheduling in it was never
y2k compliant, so I patched it with a work-around.  I provided the patch
to Thomas Dwyer III, but he never updated his site for reasons unknown
to me.

I later emailed him asking whether he would consider releasing the
license to be maintained by others.  And that received no answer either.

Attached find a .src.rpm I last updated in December 2002 with the patch
and spec file which I wrote, and the unaltered qpage-3.3.tar.Z
sufficient to build the patched qpage.  I have not attempted to use it
recently, but I did verify minutes ago that "rpmbuild --rebuild
qpage-3.3-1.src.rpm" still successfully builds a qpage rpm which does
install, on FC5.

Chris

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #804005699817957