RPM question, Development repos?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sun Mar 12 20:06:19 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 12:34 -0500, Neil Cherry wrote:
> What are the development & extra-development repos for? Are they
> for application developers or are they packages that are in
> development? The reason I ask is that if I include the dev repos
> I can't upgrade anything as they all conflict with each other.
> Maybe I'm missing a repo to support the rest of the upgrades?

Development repo is rawhide, which is a current snapshot of the next
Fedora release.  Each package is updated on it's own merit, mainly when
the maintainer rebuilds it, or it's a dependency on another package that
got updated.

Extras-development is all the packages in the Fedora Extras repository
that are updated but not stable yet.  Or are in this case, being
compiled against what will be FC5, in which they will be official extra
packages once FC5 Final is released.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!"