Problems With Atheros Based Wireless Cards

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Wed Mar 29 02:55:29 UTC 2006

Hello,

     I had installed Fedora Core 5 on a Dell Inspiron 4000 computer and
I was using the SMC 2536w-ag wireless card.  It used the madwifi drivers
as well as the kernel module.  Although it worked fine under Fedora Core
4, I cannot get it working in Fedora Core 5.  Has anyone else
experienced problems with these drivers in FC5?  And if so, how can I
get this card working?  I also have an IBM T-30 with FC5 and am
experiencing the same problems.  Thanks in advance for any help I can
receive.