Reliable file system?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Mar 2 19:42:28 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 16:34 -0300, Marcelo Magno T Sales wrote:
> Hi, folks
>
> I have an FC4 box in a location where there are electrical
> instabilities (i.e., frequent power failures). Often I get corrupted
> files after these failures.
> Due to burocratic problems, I'm unable to get a reliable nobreak for
> this machine. Is there a more reliable file system (even if it's
> slower) to use in this situation?

What file system are you using now?

A UPS may be a better solution.  There are packages that allow the
system to monitor the UPS and prior to the UPS exhausting the battery
can run a standard shutdown on the system for you.  APC has such
software and I believe there is a third party package as well.