Reliable file system?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Mar 2 21:47:03 UTC 2006

Marcelo Magno T Sales wrote:
> Robin,
>

>>UPS is the first option.  If you cannot get a UPS then I would be
>>looking for a different job.
>

> I do know I need an UPS. However, it takes too long to buy anything
> here, regardless of its price. The UPS is on it's way but it will
> take several weeks to get here. In the mean time, the machine has to
> work anyway.
> I have no interest in a different job, thanks.
>
> []'s
> Marcelo

Ah, you should have said that the UPS was on the way and asked what to
do in the meantime.  As you stated later.

I hope it arrives before your hardware toasts.  If it takes that long
for a UPS to arrive, I wonder how long for a new server/desktop.

Are you backing up the data, often, as well?

--
Robin Laing