impatient for FC5 release

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 3 17:29:02 UTC 2006

Josh Coffman wrote:
>   I'm excited to get FC5. I was planning on waiting
> for the release, but I don't know if I can wait any
> longer.

The official answer to this is that FC5 test 3 is *not* for general use.
The phrase "it eats babies" has been used. Expect bugs. The Fedora
developers expect you to look for bugs and report them.

For example,
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.testers/37461 and
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.testers/37497
http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/174024/d07a388ca2b729fc/

>   My cdrom has start acting funny; it's a mounting
> issue and I noticed with the last two kernels. I've
> got too much software installed that I don't use. And
> it is the original partition setup when I first became
> a linux user last July.

So what happens when you try to mount a CD?

(Incidentally, automounting CDs is changing somewhat for FC5, and this
seems to still be settling out).

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Banana in disk drive error
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |