No mime types installed

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 10:33:21 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 09:17, Anne Wilson wrote:
> In a new Fedora Core 4 install I'm having a lot of problems which bring up
> error messages like
>
> Could not find mime type application/octet-stream
> and
> No mime types installed.
>
> How can I correct this?

In case anyone else gets the same problem -

Guessing that it was a missing package, but not knowing which one, I ran yumex
to identify all the packages directly connected to kde, then used yum to
install them in groups.  When I had finished I was still unable to run, for
instance, Control Center, so I ended the session and logged in again.  All
appears to be well, now.

Anne