From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 7 18:02:56 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:

>On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 11:31, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>>Separate the package list from the rest of the kickstart
>>>options, allow it to include additional yum repositories
>>>and make the two things work independently or together.
>>>

>>Again, use bugzilla to file requests.
>>

>Where/how do you file requests that span different programs?

Choose the most appropriate option or pick any one of those programs and
file it. It can always be reassigned to the right component if your pick
happened to be the less ideal choice.

>I assume anaconda is processing the kickstart part, but
>I think it should run yum with the ability to add repositories.

Anaconda already uses the yum API for dependency resolving mechanism in
FC5 and Red Hat developers have been incrementally modifying Anaconda,
kickstart, yum, comps
(https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum/2006-March/008418.html) etc
towards the goal of providing the ability to use Fedora Extras and
custom repositories during installation. Probably will be completed
during the FC6 development time frame.

--
Rahul