Xen Boot Error under FC4

Stephen C. Tweedie sct at redhat.com
Tue Mar 7 18:10:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 10:14 -0500, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > When I boot from this entry,XEN stops loading domain0 with the massage
> > 'allocated memory is too low for domain0'. I tried giving full system
> > memory with ----
> 	You will note that the thread ends with Rik remarking that, "This bug
> has been fixed in Fedora Core 5 rawhide Xen images."  That never seems
> to have made its way into the FC4 updates.

Right.  Sadly, upstream Xen has changed the ABI between dom0
(hypervisor) and domU (guest) kernels significantly since FC4.  As of
xen-3.0.0, that interface is now officially supposed to be stable and
maintained; but the incompatibility means that new Xen guest kernels
simply cannot compatibly work on old FC4 installs with old dom0s, so
releasing the new Xen bits as an FC4 update won't work.

I've heard of people having success running rawhide xenU kernels on FC4
userland, though.

Cheers,
 Stephen