Oiy!... After todays yum update, LVM fails to find drives on 2nd VG.

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 03:36:52 UTC 2006

On 3/7/06, Pete Pinter <pinter at p-squared.com> wrote:
> ---------------------
> Setting up Logical Volume Management: 2 logical volumes(s) in volume group
> "VolGroup00" now active
>
>   /dev/VolGroup01: mkdir failed: Permission denied
>   1 logical volumes(s) in volume group "VolGroup01" now active
> Also, when I enter the root mode, lvm does nothing useful, complaining
> about 'Locking type 1 initialisation failed.' to a vgscan, for example.
>
> All suggestions welcome. I was getting confident enough in FC5T3 that I
> (naturally) put my vmware images on that buggered volume group. Serves me
> right, I guess.

Do you have SELinux enabled?  Are you getting any avc denied logs in
/var/log/audit/audit.log? (Assuming the same location in FC5 as FC4).
If you are, there's your issue!

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."