OOo and Firefox in Linux - Unrequited Love

Parameshwara Bhat peebhat at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 18:00:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:58:50 +0530, <fedora-list-request at redhat.com> wrote:

> Message: 9
> Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 05:18:47 -0700
> From: Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>
> Subject: Re: OOo and Firefox in Linux - Unrequited Love
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 12:20 +0530, Parameshwara Bhat wrote:
>> Hello List,
>>

>> I find it baffling that the Office suite of choice for all Unixes,OOo
>> should not implement scrolling horizontally using the mousewheel when
>> the
>> mouse is on the scroll bar in Linux.Ditto with Firefox.
>>
>> All GUIs in Linux, both under KDE and Gnome,implement this.I use Opera
>> browse, which is not a great darling of Linux users,that implements
>> this.
>> But the great darlings-OOo,Firefox-do not really care to implement this
>> nice unique feature of Linux Desktop. Also, look at their implementation
>> printer interfaces which is inferior to any native application of both
>> KDE
>> & Gnome.
>>
>> It appears from the experience of using these applications on Windows
>> and
>> Linux that both these darlings do not care enough for linux though Linux
>> showers them with so much love and attention.
>>
>> These are my feelings.I am trying to share and see what the community
>> has
>> to say.
> ----
> I don't know about what the community might say, but I would say that I
> find it baffling that someone would rather choose a public forum to
> announce their desires rather than go into redhat's bugzilla or Oo's bug
> reporting tool and make an entry.

Well,Craig, I agree it is only proper to report one's wishes and
observations in the right place.(bugzilla). All users owe that much to the
open developer community.

But in my case I was not fully sure it was a bug or inadequacy, though I
have felt this for quite a while. I wondered if it's not my own ignorance.

Your answer and tone give me enough confidence to go and report. Thank You.

Parameshwara Bhat