OOo and Firefox in Linux - Unrequited Love

Otto de Voogd (Fedora List) ottodisp-fedoralist at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 20:50:28 UTC 2006

--- Parameshwara Bhat <peebhat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:58:50 +0530, <fedora-list-request at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 12:20 +0530, Parameshwara Bhat wrote:
> >> Hello List,
> >>
> >> I find it baffling that the Office suite of choice for all Unixes,OOo
> >> should not implement scrolling horizontally using the mousewheel when
> >> the
> >> mouse is on the scroll bar in Linux.Ditto with Firefox.

[cut out feelings]

> > I don't know about what the community might say, but I would say that I
> > find it baffling that someone would rather choose a public forum to
> > announce their desires rather than go into redhat's bugzilla or Oo's bug
> > reporting tool and make an entry.
>
> Well,Craig, I agree it is only proper to report one's wishes and
> observations in the right place.(bugzilla). All users owe that much to the
> open developer community.
>
> But in my case I was not fully sure it was a bug or inadequacy, though I
> have felt this for quite a while. I wondered if it's not my own ignorance.

[cut out more feelings]

All feelings aside, I for one can scroll with the mousewheel in both
Firefox and OpenOffice (on FC4), so you may be having another problem,
or at least one that is not necessarily a bug with said applications.

Otto

Homepage - http://www.de-voogd.com/
Travels - http://www.7is7.com/otto/travel/
Estonia - http://www.7is7.com/otto/estonia/