NX client on FC4

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Mar 8 22:08:42 UTC 2006

> On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 15:04, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > On 3/8/06, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at rogers.com> wrote:
> >         Hello Everyone,
> >
> >         Is anyone here using the NX client for Linux (any version) on
> >         Fedora
> >         Core 4 with a freenx server?  If you are, have you experienced
> >         any
> >         problems with Metacity not starting in the remote Gnome
> >         session?
> >
> > I am using the NX client ith FreeNX, but I use KDE and haven't noticed
> > any problems, on the contrary, I am very impressed coming from VNC.
>
> I've had an assortment of problems with sessions lingering
> that should have been terminated and not being able to
> resume sessions that should have been available.   I don't
> think they are fedora-specific problems but I'd appreciate
> any insight - it is great after the connection works.
----
me too... you probably saw this on CentOS list when I asked and got an
extremely thoughtful but complicated reply and filed it for another time
and I have yet to process the wisdom contained in it yet but I will one
of these days...

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2006-February/019646.html

Craig