Fedora 4 as a syslog server

Yang Xiao yxiao2004 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:13:11 UTC 2006

On 3/6/06, Jonathan Carpenter <jonathan.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone has any good tutorials on setting up fedora 4 as
> a syslog server? I see that yum finds syslog-ng but I am not entirely sure
> how to configure it in fedora.

syslog-ng comes with sample confs which is pretty self explanatory, though
it may only be in the source code and does not come with the rpm version, so
you just need to download the source code and extract the sample config
files. Also, in the source contrib/ dir, there's alaso a syslog2ng
conversion script, which can also be helpful.

- Yang