OT: Humor

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu Mar 9 23:27:11 UTC 2006

bill perkins wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> What is really interesting is that there is software for both DOS
>> and Linux that will let you run CP/M on a PC. So you can run the
>> native 8080 and Z80 assemblers and dis-assemblers under CP/M. There
>> was even a version that took advantage of the NEC 8086/8088
>> replacement CPU's that would also do 8080 instruction sets.
>>
>> Mikkel
>>
> I remember the NEC processors- they also had a Z80 instruction-set
> version. I was intrigued, but never did manage to play on them. I should
> look into the CP/M emulator; being a long-time assembly-language hacker,
> it would be nice to relive the simplicity :)

Here are a couple of them:

http://www.arrakis.es/~ninsesabe/aliados/
http://www.viara.cn/en/j80.htm
http://www.boutell.com/lsm/lsmbyid.cgi/000587

Z80 emulator:
http://www.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/users/ag/yaze-ag/

Then there the CP/M tools that let you read/write CP/M disks.

I am not currently running any of them, and I don't remember the
name of the package I was running in the past. I have not needed
to run CP/M for a while... (I also have a "real" CP/M system I
can fire up, if I want to dig it out of storage...)

Mikkel