From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 10 10:21:28 UTC 2006

Andy Green wrote:

>Hold on: Rahul pointed out on that two month old -devel thread that the
>decision was nothing to do with him.  Somebody who actually wrote the
>code is making the decisions about what is in and out AFAIK, and that's
>not anybody who has commented on this thread and probably not the -devel
>thread AFAIK.
>
>The people against the everything button were generally arguing from an
>architectural standpoint against encouraging people to install
>everything, and perhaps from a feeling to hold the party line.  But
>there's no real argument for making it *hard* to select or clear many
>checkboxes and I assume we'll see that fixed, allowing easy emulation of
>the lost functionality (minimal too) in an intuitive way.

Agreed on that, things like shift select or whatever functionality that
makes it easier to select multiple checkboxes at the same time in the
interface would be a good compromise if this is not possible already but
I have noted that this particular feature hasnt been requested in
bugzilla yet AFAIK.

--
Rahul