Cruel portal to Another World

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Mar 11 00:04:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 15:45 -0800, jdow wrote:
> From: "Craig White" <craigwhite at azapple.com>
>
> > On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 15:15 -0800, jdow wrote:
> >> From: "Jason L Tibbitts III" <tibbs at math.uh.edu>

> >> Did anybody check to see if Ravi's email really checked back to a real
> >> Google machine?
> >>
> >> {o.o}   Just wondering....
> >>     If it seems too good to be true, it probably IS too good to be true.
> > ----
> > if one believes that the headers weren't forged...
>
> Looks real to me. I "presume" everybody checked before sending email
> back to the fellow.
----
I didn't reply back at all, but merely forwarded it on to clients as
implied extortion, saying...I'm wanted by the big guns  ;-)

thus I didn't check until you asked...but then I didn't care.

heck, the guy obviously combed the list and harvested addresses. There
surely was no way to ascertain the selection criteria he used and it may
very well have been little more than is still capable of fogging a
mirror.

Certainly wasn't enough to give me dreams of sipping cocktails in
Zurich  ;-)  but then, I didn't need the thought of Google to get me
there.

Craig