k3b - unsupported format

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 12 02:20:22 UTC 2006

--- gary <garys at mtaonline.net> wrote:

> howdy - I ripped a cd to an mp3 file using
> sound-juicer. Now I am
> attempting to burn the file to a cd using k3b.
> Unfortunately I keep
> getting this message = Unable to handle the
> following files due to an
> unsupported format:  I have reinstalled both k3b and
> k3b-mp3 with no
> change. I have been using k3b since fc1 was
> released, with few problems.
> Ideas ?    --gary
>
> --

If you installed k3b-mp3, the problem should have been
taken care of.  Unless k3b defaulted back to its
original state, which does not support mp3 format.
Did you
#yum update k3b k3b-mp3  ?

Is k3b fully updated?
12.10 or so?

Otherwise, the other advice I can give you is to use a
script to change to *.wav format and retry your burn
using k3b.  Burning wav to cd should be no problem.
Grab one script from
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Audio_conversion

Best Regards,

Antonio