Fedora Core component differences

bill perkins perk at iag.net
Sun Mar 12 18:39:35 UTC 2006

JHorne wrote:
> If I wanted to compare the different versions of fedora core, what would be
> the components to focus on?  The only thing I can think of as an example of
> what I would compare from FC3 to FC4, would be the kernel.  I know that
> technically, probably every package between FC3 and 4 have been incremented,
> but what about just the core things that make up the *real* difference?
> What would those components be?
>
> Thanks,
> jonathan

I think it depends on what is 'core' to you- the kernel, yes. All the
components that make a basic system- hardware drivers, desktop
environments (Gnome and KDE), C compiler, perl interpreter, system
services (sendmail, named, ntpd), Python interpreter are all 'core' to
me; YMMV. What is important in a system to you?

"The two most common things in the	| Bill Perkins
 universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."	| perk at iag.net
					| programmer-at-large
		F. Zappa		| ALL assembly languages done here.