stop and start an rsync script

Julian Underwood mailings at underwoods.net
Tue Mar 14 01:54:59 UTC 2006

Dear List,

I run the following every night for backing up purposes off-site, it is
started via crond:

rsync -arz --ignore-errors --delete-after --stats --exclude
'PM_UPD_*' /Volumes/Source/ /Volumes/Dest/ > /logs/log.txt

I would like to do the following:  have it stop gracefully at 6AM and
then dump the report to the log.txt as if it had finished.  I understand
I could create another cron job to kill rsync at 6AM, but I think that
would also kill the output from rsync, thereby not telling me what has
been done so far.

Any thoughts on how I should kill rsync?

Thanks...

Julian