bacula server

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Mar 14 10:20:59 UTC 2006

RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 2:01:47 AM GMT-0700
> Subject: Re: bacula server

Thanks for trying not to top-post; unfortunately your reply doesn't
indent the text with "> " at the start of each line (there's a setting
in Outlook for this I believe) so it's very difficult to tell which is
the text you're replying to and which is the new text.

>>Thanks again mostly u/we got it to work so far.  However it is asking for a pile of dependancies.  I know give a guy an inch and he will try to take a mile or km here in Canada.
>

> You can use "yum localinstall some.rom some.other.rpm" to install rpms
> with their dependencies (you might have to set gpgcheck=0
> in /etc/yum.conf before you do this, and change it back to 1 again
> afterwards, since the packages you've just built won't be signed).
>

>>Is there a way to install without any gui stuff or mabey i am wrong mabey there is no gui stuff.  Some of the dependancies for those dependancies are X11 related.
>

> Don't try installing the -gconsole subpackage. In fact, do an "rpm -qip"
> on each rpm package and see if it's something you want to install. Only
> install the bits you need.
>
> Not sure if i follow how do i NOT install the gconsole subpackage something i defenitly do not need.  Seems even if i do not want a package to be installed if it is a dependancy will not the build fail without it.
>
> See this list i do not need alsa sound drivers or esound gee wiz what a mess.
>
> Performing the following to resolve dependencies:
>   Install: GConf2.i386 0:2.8.1-1 - base
>   Install: ORBit2.i386 0:2.12.0-3 - base
>   Install: alsa-lib.i386 0:1.0.6-8.FC3 - updates-released
>   Install: alsa-lib-devel.i386 0:1.0.6-8.FC3 - updates-released
>   Install: audiofile.i386 1:0.2.6-1 - base
>   Install: audiofile-devel.i386 1:0.2.6-1 - base
>   Install: e2fsprogs-devel.i386 0:1.38-0.FC3.1 - updates-released
>   Install: esound.i386 1:0.2.35-2 - base

Try to install each of the binary RPM packages one at a time and see
which one is pulling in these dependencies. I don't think any package
other than the gconsole one should pull in these deps.

Paul.