x-term window size

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Mar 14 17:32:46 UTC 2006

hbrhodes wrote:
> Is there a way to change my x-term window size by default?  like it
> starts out at 80x23, i would rather have 100x25.

You may want to take a look at the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults
directory. This have the defaults for many X programs. You will find
xterm there. Changes here affect all users.

Now, if you are using another term, such such as the Gnome or KDE
terminal programs, the setting will be part of the desktop config.

Mikkel