DVD burning issue

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Tue Mar 14 22:17:15 UTC 2006

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 13 March 2006 23:35, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
>>   That's why I chose utf8 over

< snip >

> I can't give a categoric answer.  I think to be certain I would have to have a
> disk or partition where the files had all been created after I converted to
> utf8.

Look if you just have a partition with filenames in another language
than English ( French, German , Spanish  will do ) that use non English
Characters , they will give the result . If you mount the partition with
a utf-8 character set and the filenames don't get messed up then it
means that you are pretty much OK ( remember to back up the files first
BEFORE you play with them ) .

  I may have time to do some experimentation later today.  All I can say
> at the moment is that the disks I burned are read easily enough by XP - but I
> don't think that it is a good enough test.
>
> Look foward to seeing the results.

I posted them . I forgot to mention that i used Fedora Core 4 and the
2.6.15.4 kernel ( downloaded the source and compiled it myself ) .
  BTW, I'm in the UK, and it looks as though  we are 2 hours behind you.

That's to be expected, Since you are in the UK you use the GMT timezone
, whereas here we have GMT+2

> Anne

  Kind Regards,
     Kostas