Follow on to tough problem on compiling

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Mar 15 07:07:29 UTC 2006

Mariano López Reta wrote:

> Any other ideas of how can I "trick" the program to actually see both
> (already) installed libraries?

Your description is a bit light on details.  Are the apps you are trying
to install 32-bit or 64-bit?  If 32-bit, you MUST install the 32-bit
versions of the needed libs.  It's no good symlinking in this case
because the libs are in a different arch -- basically compiled with a
different language.

> I know that the "Microsoft approach" (reinstall operating system, all
> apps, and all the rest) would work, but I prefer to think that Linux is
> smarter than that, isn't it?

Lol psychology!

-Andy