minilogd

Boris Glawe boris at boris-glawe.de
Fri Mar 17 00:16:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

On one of my fedora Core 3 machines runs a process called minilogd,
which consumes almost 300MB of memory.

I cannot verify that this process is started on other FC3 machines. It
is part of the  initscripts package though (rpm -qf /sbin/minilogd).

I cannot find any manuals or hints, what this daemon's purpose is and
why it consumes such big amounts of memory!? I have also greped all
files in /etc for the string "minilogd" in order to find the script that
started this daemon. Unfortunately I couldn't find any scripts!?

thanks and greets

Boris