mount Win partitions

Eric Beversluis econophil at charter.net
Fri Mar 17 12:41:25 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 12:12 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Eric Beversluis wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 23:59 +0200, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:

> Note that Fedora does not support NTFS filesystems "out of the box".
>
> See: http://www.linux-ntfs.org/content/view/129/65/
>
> Paul.

Great! I wonder how many hours of frustration this has caused people
over the years who weren't lucky enough to receive this "by the way."
Everything I've read and my experience with other distros would lead me
never to expect or suspect this.  Nicholas Wells simply says, "Linux
supports read access to this file system" (The Complete Guide to Linux
System Administration, 186).

This looks like a real pain. So much for even thinking that FC4 might be
end-user friendly.

EB