Formatting HDD

Styma, Robert E (Robert) stymar at lucent.com
Fri Mar 17 19:05:06 UTC 2006

> FC5 is going to be released Monday. You might want to wait
> until then to do
> your install.

I would be careful about FC5 on the first week, especially for
a new user.  Sometimes a new release takes a few weeks to
settle down.  At this point, my opinion is that FC4 would provide
a more satisfying result for someone new to Linux.

I agree with pretty much everthing that's been said on this
thread.  Your biggest issue will be getting the plugins in place
to look at .wmv files, acrobat files, flash files and so on.
The basic CD's do not come with anything that is not open source,
so a lot of the proprietary stuff has to be added after the fact.
There are lots of good how-to's on the net for getting this stuff
installed.  Do searches like "linux notes firefox mp3 wmv java" to get
information on getting the plugin's working.

Good luck and have fun.

Bob Styma