FC5 release question

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 18 08:38:58 UTC 2006

Jeff Vian wrote:
> Fedora has not ever updated the install CDs once the version is frozen.
> There has been discussion on this recently and it was emphatically
> stated they would not do so.

There *have*, on the other hand, been "fixed" boot.iso images from Red
Hat personnel for FC2. These have fixed problems where the released
install CDs wouldn't even boot on certain computers. The "fixed"
boot.iso images will merely boot a system: you use the original CDs to
actually install Fedora.

See http://www.fedorafaq.org/fc2/#installreboot for more details.

The rule seems to be "if you can boot and install Fedora with the
released CDs, any other bugfixes can be delivered as RPMs to be
installed once the system is up and running."

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "I blame the teachers, and I blame the politicians
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | for picking the teachers, and I blame the parents