Problems installing FC4 on Dell Optiplex GX620

Myth User pvrmyth at comcast.net
Sun Mar 19 08:21:51 UTC 2006

> What was the point here?
> Oracle runs on Red Hat, runs on Windows.
> PostgreSQL runs on UNIX/Linux/Windows.

The point is that RDBMS's that are enterprise level are not open source.

I never see anyone complaining that they had to pay for Redhat, Solaris, Mac
OS X, AIX, HP Unix. I never see anyone complaining that Oracle, IBM DB2,
Informix, Delphi, or Sybase are not open source.

There are many proprietary systems that are not open source.