where to submit upgrade suggestions for "extras"?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 19 19:18:50 UTC 2006

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, Paul Smith wrote:

> On 3/19/06, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at mindspring.com> wrote:
> >   where's the proper forum (bugzilla?) to suggest newer versions
> > of software to be added to repos like "extras?"  e.g., lua-5.1 has
> > been out for almost a month (http://www.lua.org/home.html), but
> > "extras" still contains only 5.0.2.
>
> Once, I was told here to use bugzilla.

that's one possibility but, really, sometimes bugzilla is just plain
overkill.  it would be nice if there was a simple form like:

  Software upgrade suggestion:  snerf-2.0.
  Software home page:  www.snerf.org

and that would be it.  using bugzilla for everything makes one think
of the old saying, "if the only tool you have is a hammer, every
problem looks like a nail."

rday