How to temporarily set kernel version for software install script?

sport sport-light at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 20 19:38:28 UTC 2006

Do you have a unamemod script that I could use or modify.  I am not all
that familiar with bash scripting.  I may have to generate results for
other options, such as uname -a or uname -n, -v, etc.  The install
scripts are buried in compressed tar files, so I'm not sure which uname
commands I will have to generate.  I think, I could just modify the
uname -r or -a commands to put out the correct kernel version, and then
pass the rest on to the actual uname program.  Does this make sense?

Thanks,
-cm