What's new and what's different with Fedora Core 5?

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 20:25:09 UTC 2006

Hi, it has come to my attention that Fedora Core 5 has finally been publicly
released, however before I embark upon the journey of downloading the ISOs
for Fedora Core 5 I'd like to see if the improvements/changes really justify
me downloading the new version. I've looked at the release notes for Fedora
Core 5 and they didn't really shed much light on what's new other then
really that a new version of KDE is included as I can remember. So, can
anyone here provide some more details on what's new and what has changed
(such as any drivers removed from the installer cd? (I'm most concerned
about megaraid because the server I'd use this on requires that driver in
order for Linux to interact with its HDs)) with the release of Fedora Core 5
please? Thanks! :-)